Following a first career in nursing and some years focussed on bringing up family, I began my counselling career in 1992 studying the Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler before joining Relate in 1993 to commence my training and extensive career as a relationship counsellor. I practiced in Buckinghamshire for 12 years before moving to the Welsh Borders at the end of 2005.
As a relationship counsellor and therapist I have been working with couples and individuals for over 20 years now and have also been offering clinical supervision since 2005. As a practitioner, my experience continues to be enriched through the rewarding work undertaken with clients who come from diverse cultural and social backgrounds, bringing an almost limitless range of issues. My interest in and working knowledge of individuals, couples and relationships is constantly expanding through a continuous programme of professional development. Maintaining a broad and varied on-going programme of professional development in accordance with BACP's requirements, keeps me updated and in touch with current thinking and developments in the field of counselling and psychotherapy.
My Core Qualifications:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Couple Therapy
- Relate Cert. in Marital & Couple Counselling
- Cert. in Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler (IPAA)
- Relate Cert. in Clinical Supervision
- Relate Cert. in Systemic Supervision
- Relate Cert. Working with Young People
- Relate Cert. Telephone Counselling
- ICEEFT Internship in Emotionally Focussed Couple Therapy
- BACP Accredited Counsellor & Therapist
- UKRCP Registered Independent Practitioner
- Registered with ICO – Data Protection
- Enhanced Disclosure Certification with regards to the Criminal Records Bureau
- Professional Indemnity Cover
As an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am bound by its Ethical Framework and subject to its Professional Conduct Procedures. My work is supervised regularly and I maintain a diverse and on-going programme of professional development to keep me in touch with the latest ideas, developments and practice in the field of counselling and psychotherapy.