Hello, I'm Win Mainwaring. I've been a counsellor for over 25 years. Here is a little about me.
Following a first career in nursing and some years bringing up my family, I began my counselling career in 1992 studying the Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler before joining Relate in 1993 to commence my training and extensive career as a relationship counsellor. I practiced in Buckinghamshire for 12 years before moving to the Welsh Borders in 2005 where I continued my work for Relate. In 2006 I set up my own Private Practice working in a dedicated room in my home. Over time I have worked for MIND, worked in a GP Practice, offering counselling services to a number of different Employment Assistance Providers as well as working as a Clinical Supervisor.
As a relationship counsellor and relational therapist, I have been working with couples and individuals for over 25 years now. I run a varied and busy practice in which my experience continues to be challenged and enriched. The work I undertake with clients who come from diverse cultural and social backgrounds is rewarding.
My interest in and working knowledge of individuals, couples and relationships is constantly expanding and I maintain an extensive and rigorous ongoing programme of professional development to meet my professional obligations in line with BACP standards and keep abreast of the developing research and ideas in the psychological field.
My Core Qualifications:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Couple Therapy
- Relate Cert. in Marital & Couple Counselling
- Cert. in Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler (IPAA)
- Relate Cert. in Clinical Supervision
- Relate Cert. in Systemic Supervision
- Relate Cert. Working with Young People
- Relate Cert. Telephone Counselling
- ICEEFT Internship in Emotionally Focussed Couple Therapy
- BACP Accredited Counsellor & Therapist
- UKRCP Registered Independent Practitioner
- Registered with ICO – Data Protection
- Enhanced Disclosure Certification with regards to the Criminal Records Bureau
- Professional Indemnity Cover
As an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) I am bound by its Ethical Framework and subject to its Professional Conduct Procedures. My work is supervised regularly with a qualified Clinical Supervisor. I maintain a diverse and ongoing programme of professional development to keep me in touch with the latest ideas and developments and practice in the field of Counselling and Psychotherapy.